Friday, May 13, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest, by Stieg Larrson

Well, I FINALLY finished the third book in the Millennium series. Between illness and having a heck of a time getting into the thing, it seemed to take forever to get this finished. It also didn't help that this book was significantly longer than the other two. I guess having to wrap things up takes a little longer than setting everything up (although I have heard rumors that there was a 4th book that wasn't finished before Larsson died).

I will admit, I did get into the book about 2/3rds of the way through. I don't know if it's because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel or because it actually got interesting. But the end went much faster than the rest of the book. The courtroom scene was very good.

I think what made this book so slow for me was that there was so much detail; so many things and people to keep track of. Very cloak and dagger stuff with government cover-ups, the mob, and the media. Lots of stuff to keep up with. I did like that Lisbeth is finally given some personality and people skills. I know the other books were leading to this, but it was nice to finally see.

But I finally finished the trilogy and now I can join with all the other people who have read the books. Overall, I would suggest reading the first and just skimming the Internet to find out what happened in the others and how the whole thing wraps up.

Now on to my Custer book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment