Monday, May 9, 2011

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

So, it's been a few days. Finally caught up to my previous reading and the family and I had a rough week (car accident, sickness, plumbing issues - fun) so we're finally getting back on track. I finished this book about a week ago, but am just now getting around to posting. Better late than never!

Anyway, this is the second in the Millennium trilogy. Definitely not as good as the first. Although we do get more background information about Lisbeth and why she is the way she is. This book also ends with a definite need for a third book. The first could be a stand alone with a little more information added. This was also longer and much more "wordy" than the first. The whole first sequence with Lisbeth doesn't even seem to be needed. Not sure if that will come back for the third book or not.

This book also gets a little more unbelievable. Hard to follow at certain points and a lot of back story to get through. I don't like having to keep flipping back to figure out who people are and there seems to be a lot of that in this book. Now, I'll admit, some of that might be because the Swedish names are a little hard for me to follow. But still! Also, this book isn't as graphic as the first - lots more cloak and dagger stuff.

Okay, not my best review, but it has been a week and I'm already half-way through the third book (which is by far the worst and very difficult to get through). Plus, it's hard to get excited about a book I didn't enjoy. After the third book in the series, I have a couple that were recommended from my friend Katie and I'm really looking forward to reading them. I also have a couple about Custer's Last Stand that I'm sure most people will find boring, but who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment